Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in Ireland, affecting over 400,000 people. Local health store, Back to Nature in Cavan Town, will be hosting a special event this week to advise you on how you can prevent and manage joint pain and stiffness through diet, exercise and of supplements.
Tips to help relieve joint pain and stiffness
1. Eat anti-inflammatory foods: Eat plenty of alkalizing foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, dried fruits, wholemeal bread, rice, quinoa and millet, oily fish, raw nuts or seeds and drinking eight glasses of water, coconut water, green vegetable juices or herbal teas – nettle tea, green tea, ginger tea or chamomile tea – will all help manage inflammation.
2. Increase your omega-3s: Getting the right balance of essential fatty acids is key in managing inflammation. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis. Surprisingly, 89% of Irish people do not get enough oily fish in their diet, so it is often necessary to take a good quality omega-3 fish oil daily, such as Eskimo-3 or Eskimo-3 Extra, which can support heart, brain, eye and joint health.
3. Ginger and Curcumin Spices: Spices such as curcumin and ginger are great for reducing inflammation. ZinCuFlex provides highly bioavailable extracts of ginger and curcumin, which help reduce inflammation, reduce morning stiffness, and maintain joint flexibility in the body. Vitamin C contributes to the normal formation of collagen and the functioning of bones and cartilage. ZinCuFlex uses a patented complex, to improve absorption up to 100 times compared to regular curcumin, making it more bioavailable and therefore more effective. Zincuflex is backed by research, as a study of 200 ZinCuFlex users in Denmark found that 90% reported a significant improvement in joint mobility, with many feeling the difference within 14 days.
4. Keep moving: Stretching, walking, swimming, and yoga can help. However, be careful not to overdo it. Aim for 30 minutes, five times a week.
5. Reduce weight: Being overweight increases the impact on the weight-bearing joints, especially the knees and ankles. Aim to achieve and maintain your ideal weight to avoid undue stress on your joints.
6. Avoid nightshades: Avoid potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, and tobacco to see if nightshade foods are contributing to your symptoms.
Expert Michael Donnellan will be at the Back to Nature Health Store this Friday, September 16, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to talk with you about the benefits of ZinCuFlex and Eskimo-3 – both on special offer with 20% off.
More information at 049-4361019.