The West Business Development Center (“West Center”) recently announced that 13 start-up entrepreneurs have been selected for the StartUp Mendocino 2022 Business Accelerator Program.
This free program is designed to give local entrepreneurs with big ideas the opportunity to participate in an intensive training program to spark new thinking about what is possible for their business, their community and the economy of Mendocino County.
The program will start on January 10 and run until the program event finale on Friday June 13, 2022. Over the 23 weeks of the program, participants will experience new approaches that deal with business and financial planning, of successful branding and marketing, technology and best practices for e-commerce, time management and their business presentation.
2022 participants include:
- Volare Aerial Imaging, a drone service company in Mendocino County, owned by Lorenzo Rota (Ukiah region)
- Epperson Consulting LLC, whose director, Phyllis Epperson, has a bookkeeping service (North Coast)
- Bluecloud Botanicals, owned by Tara Bluecloud, which offers herbal medicine classes, wellness consultations and products (North County)
- Poetic Potions, whose owner, Betty Torres, seeks to expand her aromatherapy services (Ukiah region)
- Mendocino Coast Creative Arts Café will soon open as a showcase offering music and other artistic opportunities for families with children (North Coast)
- Mama Jama owner Mo Heinrich started her business as a direct-to-consumer foodservice service during the pandemic (Ukiah region)
- Technix Consulting, founded by Marshall Ahders, offers IT consulting and repair services, and wants to expand its services (Ukiah region)
- Lanakila Rodrigues from Killa Teas is ready to bring boba tea and waffle dogs to Mendocino County (Ukiah region)
- Hope Multiplied owner Jamie Umble has a business goal of building capacity and supporting the county’s many nonprofits (Anderson Valley)
- Mendo Grass, founded by Adam Goldberg, is dedicated to growing nutrient-rich live foods such as wheatgrass and certified organic microgreens (Ukiah region)
- Happy Rides LLC was established by Lori Enriquez to provide invaluable service to those in need of non-urgent medical transportation in and beyond the county (north coast).
- Anthony Wells of Mendocino Drone provides aerial imaging services to real estate agents as well as video and photography services (north coast)
- Bella Bijou jewelry is handmade, affordable and locally made jewelry by Annabelle Carpenter (North Coast)
Laura Brooks, Program Director of StartUp Mendocino, said: “We were delighted to select these candidates for this new program. Each candidate was worthy, so it was a challenge for the selection committee to make their final decision. Congratulations to everyone who applied.
StartUp Mendocino 2022 is made possible by the support of sponsors, including: the John and Sandra Mayfield Family Economic Development Fund of the Community Foundation of Mendocino County, the County of Mendocino, Economic Development & Financing Corporation, Savings Bank of Mendocino County, Adventist Santé , Tri Counties Bank, Charles D. “Charlie” Kelly, LPL Financial LLC, The Madrones, Café Beaujolais, Lia Patterson at Luxe Places International Realty and Veikko Properties.
About the Western Business Development Center
WBDC is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) funded nonprofit business development center that provides trusted, confidential advice and relevant training programs to entrepreneurs in Mendocino and Lake counties. West Center is home to the Mendocino Small Business Development Center and the Mendocino Women’s Business Center.